Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lots Of Random Stuff!

I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I would just throw out some random stuff here.

Where to begin?

Monday night I was almost run over while I was on my bicycle. I was on my way home from the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life meeting. I even had my high-dollar / high-output headlight on.  The guy must not have seen me. I can tell you that Guardian Angels DO exist... he turned and hit my front tire with his fender, but didn't knock me over or hurt the bike.  I should have at least been knocked off my bike.  It was so weird... he hit the tire, pushed me backwards, while I was traveling around 20 MPH.  I said several prayers of thanksgiving on the rest of the ride home.

I finally got my old G5 Kirby refurbished from the Kirby dealer.  It looks brand new, and the new beater-brush is awesome.  They changed the gaskets and a few other parts, and it sucks better then it used to.  I'm donating that to the Church in Las Animas, I just need to get it down there...

Jeanine and I are going up to Woodland Park this Saturday to visit with a friend/ex-coworker from PMC.  She has been bugging me to come check out the hospital she works out.  They desperately need an IT guy and have basically told me to "name my price".  I figure it can't hurt to go look at the place, see the area, etc.  It will be fun to go up to such a pretty area anyway.

I am leaving in the morning (Ash Wednesday) to head to Plainsville, KS to look at a hospital that uses eMDs software.  That is one of the software packages we are considering for the Rural Health Clinic.  Plainsville is anywhere from 4 - 6 hours away depending on who you talk to.  I will be traveling with one of the receptionists from the clinic and we will hopefully be there around 1:00pm Central Time and check things out there.  I'm not looking forward to the 8 - 12 hours of driving I'm going to do... that will be another long day... I hope that I will have time to go to Mass first.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment