Friday, March 19, 2010

Updated Birthday Plans

I misspoke in an early blog about this weekend's plans.  The plans for Jeanine's birthday party have changed.  We are going to go up to Denver on Sunday and visit my grandma who has been fluctuating health-wise with this most recent bout of cancer. She is really hoping that she can hang on at least until she can see her great grandchild in a few months.  I spoke to her this morning and she is doing much better.  Please keep her in your prayers!  After we visit grandma and Bob we will be heading over the Mother Cabrini Shrine as a combination birthday celebration for Jeanine and celebration of my mom being a 10 year survivor of cancer.  Sunday, March 21st is the official date.  Her story is truly a miraculous one as she has gone from being told she might not make it too many months to being completely cancer free 10 years later.  Thanks be to God!  I have been to the shrine a few times, but Jeanine never has.  Hopefully the weather cooperates!  After that, we are going to see Eileen who is an old friend of my mom's.  When I was growing up in Golden, and even later in Las Animas, we would go to see her family quite a bit.  We don't get to visit very often anymore.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify what Jason, the kumquat and the kumquat's container (i.e. Jeanine) would be doing this weekend.  It will be nice to have my parents and sister go with us.  Please pray that we all have a safe trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment