Monday, June 21, 2010

Very Long Day

Today was not a good day for me. I had an 8:00am dentist appointment scheduled, so before heading to Mass, I decided to remote in to my computer at work to set an Out Of Office notification up. This was about 6:30am. When I remoted in to my computer, I noticed I couldn't get on to the Exchange server. I figured it just needed to be restarted, so Jeanine and I headed over to PMC. Unfortunately I discovered one of our 48 port switches in our main communications rack was fried! I had to tell Jeanine (who was patiently waiting in the car for me) to go ahead without me to Church. It took me nearly an hour to fix the problem by putting two 24 port switches in place of the burnt up one. I should say I thought I had the problem fixed. I had Jeanine pick me up and bring me to the dentist's office. This was supposed to be a simple filling, but long story short, turned into a two hour extraction with the tooth needing to be cut into three pieces. All the while my phone was ringing with more problem calls that my secretary/wife was so good to take care of. I didn't get home until around 10:00pm after making two trips home to bring some of my equipment to work to help fix the problem.

I am now exhausted, and have so much to do tomorrow... :(

I typed this on my phone... so... please forgive any spelling / gramar errors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment