Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wow It's Really Been That Long? And Other Exciting News

OK so I am not good at keeping up with my blog, but I have high hopes that I will get better at it. ;-)


So I think it's a good time for some updates. Spano baby #2 has made life a little...exciting for us lately. At 32 1/2 weeks I went into pre-term labor in Lamar. They attempted a couple different medications to stop the contractions but they weren't able to. So the decision was made to fly me to Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs because they have a good NICU. Once I got there I continued the magnesium sulfate until I was able to get the steroid injections for the baby's lungs. At this time I was also diagnosed with pre-eclampsia so everyone really thought that the baby would make his or her appearance sooner rather than later. I was transferred to the Women's Pavilion (this unit is reserved for women like me or post-surgical) and placed on extreme bedrest. Apparently this was enough to keep the pre-eclampsia mostly down. I had to stay in Colorado Springs for 3 1/2 weeks. For those of you that don't know our location, that is 3 hours from home. Needless to say, that was rough on all of us. I never stopped contractions, in fact I continue to have them now that I am home. And yes, I'm still on bedrest.


Jason thankfully had a lot of vacation time as well as catastrophic leave time. He has been home from work taking care of Dominic (and now me too!) for a month! I think he is a better house husband than I am a house wife. ;-)


The exciting news is that we are so much closer to meeting this baby! Friday morning I go in for my scheduled repeat c-section. Please remember us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment