Friday, February 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol. 2)


--- 1 ---


My diet change of eating habits is going well. I am maintaining my calorie count for the most part. Random chocolate chips eaten do not count. Right?

--- 2 ---


My fabric is washed and ironed. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to cut out the fabric for my pattern and next week I will get to start sewing. Excited, excited!

--- 3 ---


Christopher's erratic sleeping behaviors are going to drive me to an early grave. OK, probably not, but seriously. He is so random. One day he naps beautifully and then at night we have 3 1/2-4 hours at a time of sleep; the next day he naps for maybe 30-45 minutes at a time and then the night of sleep is awful. :( I have a close group of friends who tell me that this is standard, but boy is it rough.

--- 4 ---


I don't say enough how thankful I am for my awesome husband. Jason works really, REALLY hard to provide for our family. He's had a very stressful couple of weeks months and it doesn't seem to be going to slow down any time soon. And when he gets home he does baths with the boys and then plays hard with Dominic. It is so wonderful to feel so taken cared of. <3

--- 5 ---


Dominic is gaining new words every day. We started going for walks in the morning and afternoon and I get his socks and shoes on and put his jacket on and say "alright let's go". And he runs/dances to the door and says "awiiiiite". I am so excited for him to keep learning new words.

--- 6 ---


I feel that we've been through an emotional roller coaster this week with regards to the Planned Parenthood/Susan G. Komen situation. The excitement that they had decided to stop funding them was a high, though I remained cynical. And this morning they announced that they will, in fact, continue funding them. It is a sad day for the pro-life cause.

--- 7 ---


Christopher will be crawling soon. I feel certain about that. He is really trying to push himself forward and it is so cute. He wants to chase Dominic so bad, and he lights up when Dominic pays attention to him. Watching them smile and giggle at each other is awesome. While having kids so close together is kind of hard, I wouldn't have it any other way.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Actually, there are religious exemptions to the HHS mandate.

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/02/01/health-reform-preventive-services-and-religious-institutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I'm not really sure where this comment comes from on this post?? But, I will respond anyway. Yes, there are *some* religious exemptions, however they are not far reaching enough. They do not cover Catholic hospitals, universities or charities. That leaves those institutions left w/ violating their conscience, refusing to hire non-Catholics or refusing to comply. I will not even get into private companies owned by Catholics, as they have other options if they are small enough.

    ReplyDelete