Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Preparing for Lent

So, it's just a couple of weeks until Lent. I have given a lot of thought to what I will give up this year, I have mostly given up food-related things in the past because I love food so it's hard for me. However, this year I have decided to give up social media. I have been spending an inordinate amount of time between Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ and it has been cutting into my spiritual life as well as my domestic life. I often spend too much time checking out what's happening else where and neglect playing w/ the boys or putting off the dishes. So, this Lent I am giving up something that will make a serious change in my life. After 40 days I might find that I don't need to be as connected as I have been recently.

What are you giving up for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment