Monday, December 10, 2012

Learning About My Own Weaknesses

I could come up with various excuses for why I haven't blogged lately, but the truth is that I've been terribly lazy. This laziness seems to have leeched into every facet of my being and I've allowed myself to get comfortable with being slothful. This is, of course, a bigger problem than just that our house is perpetually messy with crunchy things being stepped on with every step in the living room. It's bigger than the fact that dinner is rarely planned, and the dishes only done when either a) Jason does them or b) I'm fed up with not having a clean knife. It is even bigger than my laziness in child rearing and resorting to SpongeBob because it's easier. Being slothful is damaging to my soul.

There, I've said it. It isn't so much the act of being lazy that is sinful. It is what that affects. The boys, our house, doing things for my husband. Those things are my vocation. Taking time to engage, play with, cuddle or sing to the boys is so important in my role as momma. Well...maybe not the singing because if I'm being really honest, I'm not a good singer. ;-) Granted, the boys are extremely happy and playful. But when Dominic asks for SpongeBob when he wakes up then it's a serious issue. Making our home welcoming and clean is important too, it is where we spend most of our time and we should be comfortable and happy. Definitely not disgusted by crunchy things under our feet. I have become so caught up in various time wasters (videos online, books) that I neglect to give Jason the downtime he needs at night, instead putting everything on his plate. It is unfair and it is time for it to stop.

I'm not perfect, and I've been perfecting this laziness for about 30 years, so I'm sure I'll fall, but I've got a pretty good schedule and routine to get going.

Also, look for this space to get a bit more involved in the coming weeks; I've got some blog posts planned (NFP and TTA-why we don't as well as how our first week of preschool type activities is going!), and I'm pretty excited!

Also, prayers are appreciated as I attempt to correct this part of my behavior.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you, too? I wrote down a routine today and made "lesson" plans for the week for Andrew. I need to be there for my kids and keep the house clean and start cooking again.

    ReplyDelete