Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Waiting for Weightloss--An Update

Well, it's been about two weeks since my last post about my weight loss and I wanted to post an update. I'm still not having much in terms of pounds coming off, and I'm trying not to let that discourage me. I also had a bit of a setback last week.

I've been doing 10 minute trainer by Beachbody, and I've really enjoyed it. Each video is only 10 minutes long, and if you have the time you can add one or two more for the day. It's low impact exercise that really works the whole body. However, there is a lot of squatting and lunging. I'm assuming because of my weight, this is really hard on my knees. My knee pain increased so much that I could barely walk down the stairs. I took a few days off and tried to re-evaluate what I was doing.

I don't want to seriously injure myself, but at the same time I don't want this to discourage me or stop my progress. So I knew that I needed to find something that I can do without serious injury but that was going to help me get healthy.

I decided on walking. Not just a stroll in the park kind of walking. Serious, heart rate increasing walking. I did my first walk yesterday; well actually, several walks. We walked to Mass in the morning and then back home. Had a nice breakfast and then the boys and I walked to the park, played for a couple hours and then walked home. All in all it was just over 4 miles. I wore my heart rate monitor so I know that I was working hard and "in the zone". I burned over 500 calories while I was walking yesterday, and that is more than I ever burned in any of my Insanity workouts and more than my 10 minute trainer workouts.

I feel good, I feel like I worked hard but my knees don't hurt (my feet do a little, it's been a while since I walked that much in one day ;-)), and I feel...good. About myself, about doing something, and still getting to spend that time with my boys. After chatting with a friend on Twitter (thanks Jen!), I think I'm going to do my walks every other day. Hopefully this will help keep me injury free. 4+ miles every other day. Maybe someday I will be able to run?! I hope so!

Between our walks. Happy boys in the sunshiney sun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment