Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Oh--Ahem--A Blog!

Ahhh it has been much longer than I would have liked since my last blog post. I have much that I want to write about, and I've just been thinking "I'll do a blog post about that soon", and I have yet to do any. So this is going to be a bit of mashup of all that has been happening in the months since my last post.

We are still nowhere with getting Christopher coverage to start therapy. I thought that maybe things were looking up as the person from Southeastern Developmental Services (which is our local service that helps people with special needs, from children to adults) brought some paperwork for us to do and she made it sound like we would get funding soon. However, things piled up on her plate and it's been about a month since I saw her last. But, she has scheduled an appointment with me for Friday to bring the end of the paperwork and hopefully I'll have a time frame on when coverage might start. At one of the other nearby hospitals (sorry PMC) the speech therapist has a connection with a group that does scholarships to provide speech therapy for those whose insurance doesn't cover it, and I'm looking into that as well. I have to just finish that paperwork and send it off, I've been delaying on that simply because I'll have to pay for the evaluation and that's kind of pricey.



In the meantime, I'm working on being better at working with him. It is hard to remain focused and limit screen time. These pictures show some of our activities when I'm trying to keep him away from his device.

Dominic is set to start Kindergarten with Colorado Prep Academy through K12 online schools. I'm really excited for this because I feel like it will give us the best of both homeschooling and public school. The person who helped me register said that for Kindergarten it is 80% offline and 20% online; they sometimes have video chats with their teacher one on one and sometimes all the students video chat together. I'm very excited to see how this works. Dominic is a little young for our district's standards (he turns 5 in August) but we're going to give it a try. If he has to repeat next year then he does, it isn't something I'm going to stress about right now. Of course, having public school allows for us to have an IEP for Christopher next year and therapy services normally provided in school. I'm stoked about this for sure. It's hard for me to imagine either boy actually learning and doing school work, but I think they'll do well.



I have some plans for an update post about my weight loss, but I need to do some research about where I was the last time I posted. I have many posts in my mind, and I'm hopeful that I'll start posting regularly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment